The American Marketing Association Baltimore Chapter (AMA Baltimore) announced the winners of its 33rd Annual Marketing Excellence Awards on March 15. This year’s overall winner, Johns Hopkins Medicine International, had a highly successful integrated direct marketing campaign with the launch of its new magazine, Leader, which was mailed to 27,275 individual households across 12 countries. The campaign garnered 957 new subscribers to its quarterly email newsletter, with a 19% open rate, and 79% of the latest website page views were new visitors.
The first runner-up, Chase Brexton Health Care, created a multi-channel advertising and outreach campaign that resulted in a 30% increase in new pediatric patients over the course of the campaign. Euler Hermes, the second runner-up, increased its customer retention rate, achieving the highest single-year increase in the company’s history, and increased its Net Promoter Score (customer satisfaction) by 5.7% through an internal campaign designed to create an emotional connection among employees to the customer experience.
Each winner and runner-up was recognized during the awards ceremony, attended by about 125 area marketers, at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor.
“The Marketing Excellence Awards are the highlight of our year,” said Dov Hoffman, president of the AMA Baltimore chapter. “We were impressed with the creativity and ingenuity that Baltimore-area companies and agencies displayed in their entries this year. The winning organizations represent a range of industries and marketing talent and we were excited to honor their achievements.”
The categories and winners of the 33rd Annual Marketing Excellence Awards are:
- Overall Campaign of the Year: Johns Hopkins Medicine International
- Runner-Up Campaign of the Year: Chase Brexton Health Care
- 2nd Runner-Up Campaign of the Year: Euler Hermes
- Best Advertising Campaign: WebMechanix
- Best Branding Campaign: CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign: Carroll Hospital (Agency: Devaney & Associates)
- Best Direct Marketing Campaign: Baltimore Gas & Electric
- Best Email Marketing Campaign: Alexander + Tom, Inc
- Best Event Marketing Campaign: Bates Creative
- Best Integrated B2B Campaign: Maryland Auto Insurance
- Best Integrated B2C Campaign: Maryland Auto Insurance
- Best Integrated Non-Profit Campaign: The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore
- Best Market Research Campaign: Havas Helia (Client: Loews Hotels & Resorts)
- Best Marketing Technology Campaign: Constellation (Agency: Weber Shandwick)
- Best Public Relations Campaign: Urology Care Foundation
- Best Social Media Campaign: Baltimore Gas & Electric
- Best Video Campaign (Tie): Hackstone Film Group, EBI
For more information about the 33rd Annual Marketing Excellence Awards, visit: http://bit.ly/2FQbpPS.
AMA Baltimore gratefully acknowledges the support of its sponsors, who make this event and all other chapter programming possible: event partner Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor; platinum sponsors HBP, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, T. Rowe Price and WBA Research; in-kind sponsors Coyle Studios, Crown Trophy, SR&B, Storyfarm, and Clean Cuts & Cerebral Lounge; and media partner, Capital Communicator.
The American Marketing Association Baltimore Chapter is Maryland’s leading provider of networking, educational programming, and resources for marketing professionals. AMA Baltimore provides extensive opportunities for marketers to expand their networks, grow professionally and learn about current industry trends.
(Stay current on items of interest to communicators at Capitol Communicator, www.capitolcommunicator.com.)
Photo: Coyle Studios