The campaign featured the sale of a series of limited-edition non-fungible tokens (NFTs) to support the National Aquarium’s conservation mission. As part of the agency’s newly created holiday, Hark Week, the NFT campaign featured a mashup of shark and holiday memes, outrageous Instagram shark “facts,” large-format holiday card, microsite, social media outreach to NFT communities, and more.
Purchase of each NFT also unlocked additional perks, including a free Ocean Ambassador membership from the National Aquarium and a gift bag from Harvey featuring products from clients of past and present: Flying Dog Brewery, Michele’s Granola, Goetze candies, and more. The NFT purchases led to a $2,000 donation to the Aquarium.
“It’s a light-hearted lesson for marketers everywhere to take risks, step out of your comfort zone and trust the agency,” said Harvey Associate Creative Director Rick Bowman. “That’s where we can make magic happen.”
The top prize was presented to Harvey during the event held at The Frederick Douglass-Isaac Myers Maritime Park and Museum. The event marked the first in-person AMA Baltimore event since early 2020. For 37 years, the MX Awards have celebrated local organizations that demonstrate outstanding creativity, implementation, and results in their marketing campaigns. Awards are presented for outstanding overall campaigns as well as the best campaigns in specific channels or elements.
The event honors “organizations and agencies that execute impactful marketing campaigns every year. A panel of judges select award winners for each competition category, along with the coveted Grand MX Award, followed by first and second runners-up,” says the event website.
“I’m humbled we won, but I’m not humble about the creative horsepower we have at Harvey,” said President/CEO Matt McDermott. “We’ve built an incredible team, doing work that earns our clients a place in the cultural conversation.”
Runner-Up Campaign of the Year went to the JCC of Greater Baltimore, which collaborated with its agency, Devaney & Associates, on A Good Fit, a digital-focused integrated campaign that resulted in 240 new memberships. 2nd Runner-Up Campaign of the Year went to the American Nurses Association for its COVID Vaccine Facts for Nurses campaign.
“We are thrilled to honor our region’s best and brightest minds in marketing. Now more than ever, we’re seeing creative innovation push our industry forward. It’s time to recognize those organizations and agencies at the 2022 MX Awards,” said Lauren Yoffe, president of AMA Baltimore.
The categories and winners of the 2022 MX Awards:
● Grand MX Campaign of the Year: Harvey Agency
● Runner-Up Campaign of the Year: JCC of Greater Baltimore (Agency: Devaney & Associates)
● 2nd Runner-Up Campaign of the Year: American Nurses Association
Integrated Marketing Campaigns
● Best B2B Campaign of the Year: BGE (Agency: ICF)
● Best B2C Campaign of the Year: DuClaw Brewing Company (Agency: 212 Communications)
● Best B2G Campaign of the Year: Cisco (Agency: Fifteen4)
● Best Event Marketing Campaign of the Year: Sheppard Pratt (Agency: idfive)
● Best Nonprofit Campaign of the Year: University of Maryland, Baltimore
● Best Email Marketing Campaign of the Year: BGE (Agency: ICF)
● Best Social Media Campaign of the Year: Maryland Health Benefit Exchange (Agency: GMMB)
● Best Video Marketing Campaign of the Year: BlackSky (Agency: Fifteen4)
● Best Digital Marketing Campaign of the Year: Baltimore Police Department (Agency: idfive)
● Best Single Unit Print Advertisement Campaign of the Year: Tiny Jewel Box (Agency: KLUTCH)
● Best Print Advertisement Campaign of the Year: TEDCO
● Best Direct Mail Campaign of the Year: HBP
Elements of Marketing
● Best New Brand Identity Campaign of the Year: REPREVE (Agency: Phoenix Lifestyle Marketing Group)
● Best Rebrand Campaign of the Year: Gray & Son (Agency: Zest Social Media Solutions)
● Best Marketing Collateral Campaign of the Year: United Way of Central Maryland (Agency: Sandy Hillman Communications)
● Best Market Research Campaign of the Year: Rare Patient Voice
● Best Marketing Technology Campaign of the Year: Siemens Healthcare (Agency: Alexander & Tom, Inc.)
For more information about the 37th Annual MX Awards winners, visit AMA Baltimore’s website.
AMA Baltimore gratefully acknowledges the support of the MX Awards sponsors: platinum sponsor HBP; silver sponsors Effectv, Fifteen4, Response Labs, and TEDCO; brand partner Yes&; event partners Cerebral Lounge, Coyle Studios, Crown Trophy, EventPro, SR&B, and Storyfarm; and media partner Capitol Communicator.
Photo: Harvey Agency team