Capitol Communicator’s new agency and professional search tools are designed around the way corporations, non-profits, and government entities search for agencies. CommunicationsMatch™’s search technology uses a qualifications-based approach to the agency search and shortlisting process.
When using the tools for the first time, register for unlimited search results, the ability to short-list, save searches, and share results tools.
There are a number of ways to conduct a search and refine the results. You can use the dropdown menus on the search page or the simple 5 Question Search tool. Watch this short video on How to Search Using CommunicationsMatch.
Conduct a Search
Searches can be conducted using any of the following criteria.
- Industry Sector Experience – 140 industry categories
- Communications Expertise – Advertising, marketing, public relations, and social media are just some of the 80 unique search categories
- Location – Searches through Capitol Communicator default to a 150-miles radius of Washington, D.C. Click Location to change the search parameters by zip code or city name, or leave blank to conduct a national/international search
- Organizational membership/designations – Search by organizational memberships or designations to narrow results
- Agency size – Search by large, mid-sized, or boutique firm as well as individual consultants.
- Agency, individual, or freelancer – Choose the category buttons at the top of the search page to narrow search results by category
- Search by name or areas of expertise – If you already know the name of the firm or professional you are looking for, type it into the main search bar
5 Question Search
Answer five questions about your search priorities to produce a list of agencies that match these criteria.
Refine a Search
Once you have run a search, you can refine the results in the right-hand navigation bar in the search field. Add or change additional areas of industry or communications areas of expertise to narrow search results. Select women-owned or minority-owned agencies or refine searches using the membership of diverse organizations as a qualification. You can save a search to run it again later.
Review & Shortlist Profiles of Firms that Match Your Needs
You can quickly review agency profiles, view websites, or additional information agencies and individuals have included in their profiles to create shortlists. Click the start symbol in the top left of a profile to “Add to Shortlist” or take an agency/individual off a shortlist.
To view your shortlist, click PROFILE in the top-right menu when logged in, then SHORTLIST. Shortlists can be shared by email with other members of your team.
Contact Shortlisted Firms/Professionals
Contact listed firms directly or use the Agency Select™ RFQ/RFP tools to engage with individual firms. To create and send RFPs using our tools, click PROFILE then SUBSCRIPTION PLANS and choose Agency Select™ for six months of access to these tools (Capitol Communicator discounted price is $395).
Our new search tools are intuitive and easy to use. If you have any questions or need help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch our short explainer videos on:
How to Conduct a Search on CommunicationsMatch
How to Use the Agency Select RFP Tools