The Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter (BARCS) and Baltimore-based marketing agency idfive, a Capitol Communicator sponsor, launched #PayItFurward, an integrated fundraising campaign to raise $100,000 for the shelter during the month of December. The campaign kicked off on Giving Tuesday with idfive matching total donations up to $1,500, and will continue until 11:59 p.m. on December 31st.
Throughout the month, idfive and BARCS will work together to engage with the community on social media and in-person at events and locations throughout Baltimore. The campaign will include:
● #PayItFurward branded dog biscuits distributed at local small businesses.
● Daily posts featuring adoptable animals looking for a home for the holidays.
● An invitation for fans to post their favorite holiday photos of their pets on social media using #PayItFurward hashtag.
● #PayItFurward photo ops at BARCS events.
● idfive staff and BARCS volunteers visiting selected companies and organizations, giving employees the chance to kiss some of idfive’s and BARCS’ favorite pets under the mistletoe.
“Every holiday season we give a gift to our clients. This year our gift is the support of this amazing organization,” said Andres Zapata, idfive’s co-founder and EVP of strategy. “The work BARCS has done to improve life for animals in this city is just remarkable—and the fact that they’re able to do so much with limited resources shows just how organized, passionate and focused they are on their mission.”
“The support from our volunteers and donors is critical to carrying out our work,” said Jennifer Brause, executive director for BARCS. “BARCS has more than 400 active volunteers and relies on donations for more than 65% of our operating budget. It’s a true testament to the selflessness and passion of Baltimore. As long as this spirit continues, so will our mission,” she said.
“A lot of people aren’t aware that BARCS is a non-profit shelter—not a government agency,“ said idfive’s Creative Director Matt McDermott. “They depend on donations, and they work miracles every day. The opportunity to help them is not only part of idfive’s culture to give back; it’s part of our duty to the city—and the animals—we love.”
To give to BARCS, visit baltimoreanimalshelter.org/donate. To join the conversation on social media, use hashtag #PayItFurward throughout the month of December.