Keith Green, Vice President of Marketing at Guinness World Records™, will present “For The Record: Making It Official With Guinness World Records”, how the company works with organizations of all types and sizes to help give them a shot at setting a record. A Guinness World Records™ attempt will be made LIVE at this year’s PR Summit DC.
As part of the presentation, a record attempt will be made LIVE at this year’s PR Summit DC. In attendance with Green will be an official Guinness World Records adjudicator who will verify the record attempt.
Call for Record-Setting Ideas
PR Summit DC is asking communicators to submit suggestions for Guinness World Records titles to establish at the June 2 event. The sky is the limit – provided it’s safe, fun and can be done indoors. Agencies or teams are encouraged to ponder this challenge.
Keep in mind, the prestige of becoming a Guinness World Records title holder lies in the challenge of it; official titles are created using a specific set of guidelines to ensure the highest standards are upheld. So, what are the key criteria to attempt to set a Guinness World Records title?
- Measurable – Is it the fastest / longest / heaviest / most?
- Breakable – Can the record be broken or repeated by someone else? All Guinness World Records titles must be open to being challenged.
- Standardizable – Can the record title be done universally? For example, it cannot be related to something restricted to a region.
- Verifiable – Can the claim be proven?
- One Variable – Guinness World Records can verify the largest painting but would not consider the largest painting by the most people.
- Universal – The proposal must be something, or about something that is known to the world’s majority. It cannot be too specific / regional.
Beyond that, the world of record-breaking is wonderfully diverse and as broad as your imagination!
Email your suggested record to Paul Duning at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Robert Udowitz at email@example.com.
This year’s PR Summit DC will not only provide you with a day of topical conversation; it might just be one for the record books.
For more details on PR Summit DC or to register, visit: www.prsummitdc.com.