The Public Relations Society of America’s National Capital Chapter (PRSA-NCC) is accepting nominations for its National Capital Public Relations Hall of Fame award. Inductees will be honored at PRSA-NCC’s Annual Thoth Awards Gala on October 12, at The National Press Club in Washington, D.C. The deadline for nominations is July 1, 2017. The nomination form is available at the PRSA-NCC website.
PRSA-NCC started the National Capital Public Relations Hall of Fame in 1999 by inducting 50 leaders with significant accomplishments in the public relations field as part of the chapter’s 50th Anniversary celebration. The original inductees included a diverse group of communicators from the National Capital area, from agency heads, White House and Capitol Hill press secretaries, Pentagon spokespersons, business leaders, government officials, international experts, social activists, labor leaders, professors and educators. Last year, Maria Rodriguez and Mitch Marovitz, APR, Fellow PRSA, shown above, were inducted.
The criteria for induction into the National Capital Chapter Public Relations Hall of Fame includes:
- Thirty or more years of distinguished accomplishments
- Can be actively employed or retired
- A visionary public relations leader and mentor
- Demonstrated commitment to the profession of public relations
- Made a positive and significant impact on the industry
- Contributed significantly to the broader community
- Has inspired the next generation of public relations professionals to excel
- Has worked in the D.C. Metro area for at least 10 years.