“Truth on Trial”, set for 1:30 – 3:00 pm on Feb. 26 at the Schar School of Policy & Government in Arlington, VA, will discuss how today’s communicators navigate a world where “fake news,” Russian intelligence operatives, eroding social media and biased information affects the truth—and the trust—of the democratic institutions of the United States. The forum will feature panelists who are among the most influential legal, communications and media experts in the country.
The “Truth on Trial” forum, one of a series of forums put on by the Schar School of Policy & Government, follows two extremely well-attended (live and online) moderated events launched last summer.
The “Truth on Trial” forum is expected to discuss:
- What steps can organizations take to help restore trust in our institutions and our democracy? What are the strategic messaging strategies that must be implemented by the c-suite?
- How do organizations work in an environment where there are no sidelines and every utterance is subject to criticism through a political lens? What impact does this have on setting corporate policy? What are the guidelines for developing an effective brand strategy?
- What will the likely business impact be for organizations now that the Democrats are in control of the House of Representatives? What do businesses—including government agencies, associations and both public & private companies need to do differently? How does one measure the effectiveness of your organizational policy in today’s partisan world?
Speakers scheduled to participate are:
- Mark J. Rozell, Dean, The Schar School of Policy & Government (HOST)
- Douglas Simon, CEO, D S Simon Media (MODERATOR)
- Robert S. Bennett, Former Counsel to President Clinton
- Michael Caputo, Strategic Communications Expert
- Maria Cardona, Principal, Dewey Square Group
- Ty Cobb, Former White House Special Counsel to President Trump
- Richard S. Levick, Esq., Chairman & CEO, LEVICK
- Terry McAuliffe, Former Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia / The Schar School of Policy & Government
- Stefan Passantino, Former Deputy White House Counsel to President Trump
- Steven Pearlstein, Columnist, The Washington Post / Professor, George Mason University
- David K. Rehr, Ph.D., Professor of Public Policy, Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University
- Lisa Osborne Ross, President, Edelman Washington D.C.
- DeWayne Wickham, Dean and Professor of Journalism, Morgan State University
- Michael Zeldin, Legal Analyst, CNN
You can participate in this event online or attend the event in person. More here.
Here are links to on-demand access for the first two events:
- Truth on Trial – Featuring Ty Cobb, Former Special Counsel to the President (On-Demand Video) – http://sumo.ly/UHSq
- Truth on Trial: Implications for Communicators (On-Demand Video) – http://sumo.ly/10iEs