Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR), announced its 2020 Board of Directors. The Board members, shown in photo, are:
- President: Sarah Beth Cloar, left in photo, Edelman
- Vice President: Christina Francisco, ASHP
- Past President: Amanda Cate, American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Treasurer: Susan Matthews Apgood, News Generation, Inc.
- Secretary: Julie Malveaux, Communications Consultant
- Sponsorship/Partnership Chair: Avelyn Austin, REQ
- Content Co-Chair: Jennifer Dunn, Business Wire
- Content Co-Chair: Kasey Lum Condra, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Social Media Chair: Chelsea Echavarria, ICF Next
- Emerging Leaders Awards Co-Chair: Lorelle Atkinson, Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Emerging Leaders Awards Co-Chair: Sarah Beccio, Indigecomms
- Membership Co-Chair: Stacy Fitzgerald-Redd, North American Insulation Manufacturers Association
- Membership Co-Chair: Stephanie Miceli, The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- Pro Bono Co-Chair: Zorie Valchev, Novartis
- Pro Bono Co-Chair: Elynsey Price, Pearson
- Professional Development Co-Chair: Stephanie Wight, The Reis Group
- Professional Development Co-Chair: K. Kim Atterbury, Recording Industry Association of America
- Woman of the Year Co-Chair: Jacqueline Wilson, Stratacomm
- Woman of the Year Co-Chair: Hillarie Turner, Van Eperen
Cultivating and inspiring female communicators to reach their full potential in the D.C. market and beyond, WWPR celebrates its 40th anniversary year in 2020. The organization, states a release, is committed to providing leadership opportunities, professional development, mentorship, and industry networking and the Board of Directors accomplishes this by leading the charge throughout all of its programming.
“The powerful connections and purposeful relationships made possible through WWPR over the years have been immeasurable,” said Sarah Beth Cloar, pictured above, 2020 WWPR President. “Each of the women who will serve on this year’s Board bring such tremendous skill and commitment to the leadership and mentorship of women, which makes me excited to embark on 2020.”
The board induction meeting featured a keynote address by KayAnn Schoeneman, Senior Vice President and Practice Director of Curley Company’s corporate and public affairs group, and 2019 WWPR Woman of the Year Finalist.