The Public Relations Society of America has released its 2016 National Silver Anvil Finalists, including four campaigns from PR agencies and organizations in Maryland and five from D.C. and Virginia.
Winners will be announced at PRSA’s 2016 Silver Anvil Awards Ceremony on June 9 in New York City. According to PRSA, the annual event honors organizations that have successfully addressed a contemporary public relations issue with exemplary professional skill, creativity and resourcefulness.
Finalists from Maryland organizations and agencies:
- Catholic Charities, headquartered in Baltimore, for the “Power of 40 CRS Rice Bowl 40th Anniversary Campaign.”
- The Yu Crew of Potomac for the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis for “World Thrombosis Day 2015: Accelerating a Global Awareness Moment.”
- Maryland Health Benefit Exchange with The Hannon Group of National Harbor and D.C.’s GMMB for “Promoting Health Insurance Enrollment to the African American Community.”
- Council of Independent Colleges in Washington, D.C. with PhairAdvantage Communications, LLC of Laurel and Baltimore’s J. Davis Public Relations, LLC for “Securing America’s Future: The Power of Liberal Arts Education.”
Finalists from D.C. and Virginia:
- APCO Worldwide with CSX for “Tomorrow Comes Through: CSX and the Virginia Avenue Tunnel.”
- Eastern Virginia Medical School for “#Felinethropy #GiveRightMeow Campaign.”
- Washington, D.C. Child and Family Services Agency with LINK Strategic Partners for “D.C. Families for D.C. Kids” Campaign.”
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission with Widmeyer Communications, a Finn Partners Company, for “Pool Safety – Simple Steps Save Lives. A National Campaign to Prevent Drowning and Entrapment.”
- Virginia Energy Sense with Burson-Marsteller, Alliance Group and Madison+Main for “Value Your Power.”
Click here to view the full list of Silver Anvil finalists.
Photo Credit: Louis Seigal