fbpx

Home » Maryland News: imre Acquires LA PR Firm; Jellyfish Acquires App Agency

Maryland News: imre Acquires LA PR Firm; Jellyfish Acquires App Agency

by | Oct 4, 2018

Hunt Valley based imre has acquired Los Angeles-based JMPR. JMPR will retain its brand as an imre division, and JMPR founder and CEO Joseph Molina and his leadership team will be integrated into imre’s consumer group, doubling the size of imre’s Los Angeles office.

The combination will create a firm with 124 employees that is on pace to earn over $20 million in global fee revenue.

“This is only the second acquisition we have done in our 25 years,” CEO Dave Imre told PRWeek. In 2007, his firm acquired MDV Communications, an online marketing firm founded in Baltimore by Marci De Vries.

For 40 years, JMPR has been heavily involved in the automotive, lifestyle and aftermarket industries. JMPR currently works with clients across transportation, travel and consumer products including INFINITI, Airstream, Bugatti, the Los Angeles Auto Show, Prestone and Meguiar’s. This adds to imre’s roster of clients including PepsiCo, Dickies, AstraZeneca, T. Rowe Price, Under Armour, STIHL, Zoetis; among many more.

Digital agency Jellyfish announced the acquisition of The ASO Co., an app store optimization agency, according to a report in Mediatel. Based in London, the ASO Co. optimizes apps’ search visibility and conversion rates by maximizing keywords, reviews and other assets. The agency counts eBay, Spotify and Twitter amongst its clients.

According to the report, Jellyfish acquired 75 percent of the business with an agreement to acquire the remaining 25 percent at the end of a 21-month period.

Rob Pierre, CEO, Jellyfish commented: “To grow a company into a market leader in just two years is impressive. As Google and Apple invest further in app products and analytics, it’s more important than ever for us to be able to offer this capability to clients.

“From the very first meeting with the team at Jellyfish, we knew instinctively that this could be an excellent fit for us,” James Bott, CEO of The ASO Co. told Mediatel.

About the Author

Jeffrey Davis

Jeffrey A. Davis, APR has more than 25 years of news media and national public relations experience and heads J. Davis Public Relations, LLC, a PR and social media consultancy. A three-time PRSA Maryland president, he serves as Maryland regional editor for the Capitol Communicator and is co-founder of Podville Media in D.C. where he co-hosted the "Practically Social" podcast. Jeff is the regional representative of the national Public Relations Consultants Group (PRCG). He began his career as a reporter at daily newspapers in Ohio, New Jersey and at the Capital Gazette in Annapolis.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Sponsors

Brand Creep

Don't tell the lawyers

CAPITOL COMMUNICATOR CAREER CENTER SEARCH RESULTS (JOBS IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS)

MEDIA KIT

Recent Comments

Categories

Events

 

SUBSCRIBE